Where is the Third Eye chakra located? The Third Eye Chakra, also called the Ajna chakra in Sanskrit is located slightly above the middle of the eyebrows in the front of the body. And its back is at the back of the head, in the center.
What is the color of the Third Eye chakra? Indigo, dark blue (darker than the Throat chakra).
What does the Third Eye Chakra chakra help with? It governs intuition, clairvoyance, wisdom, spiritual insight, visualization, imagination, and also the intellect. A healthy, opened and balanced third eye makes a person work with a balanced brain. That person will not be just “left-brained” or “right-brained”, but will be balanced, and equally good at both the qualities of the brain — the right and the left hemispheres.
1. It is connected to the Pituitary gland, Pineal gland, eyes, brain.
6. Focus, concentration.
7. Dream recall.
8. Gift of Prophecy.
9. Imagination, creativity.
11. Clear thinking and logical reasoning power.
12. Mediumship skills.
13. Ability to communicate with Higher Divine Beings.
15. Ideas come up from here.
16. Manifestation powers.
18. The physical health of your eyes and brain.
What problems might an imbalanced & blocked Third Eye chakra cause?
1. Problems in eyes, eyesight.
2. Pituitary gland issues.
3. Imbalanced life and focus.
4. Lack of focus and ability to concentrate.
5. Little or no psychic skills like clairvoyance, telepathy, intuition.
6. Headaches, especially migraines.
8. Worrying a lot.
9. Forgetful & confused.
11. Thinking is not clear.
12. Very rigid beliefs, not spiritual or hardly.
14. Lack of discipline.
16. Psychosomatic issues.
18. Lack of creativity.
21. Lack of insight.
22. Stress, tension.
23. Impulsive, jumping to conclusions.
24. Cannot see the bigger picture in life.
What body parts & systems are associated with the Third Eye chakra? The pituitary gland, Pineal gland, eyes, brain.
How do you balance, unblock, heal & clear the Third Eye chakra? There are several things you can do to balance, unblock & heal this chakra.
1. Use crystals like Lapis Lazuli, Azurite, Blue Sapphire, Moldavite, Herkimer Diamonds, Indigo & Blue Kyanite, Amethyst, Sugilite, Turquoise, Purple Charoite, Aqua Aura, Blue Tourmaline.
2. Wear Indigo clothes, surrounding yourself with Indigo or dark Blue decor.
3. Saying affirmations like: “I am powerfully clairvoyant”, “I see Love everywhere”, “I am fearlessly clairvoyant”, “I see my guides and angels”.
4. Aromatherapy with essential oils like Clary Sage, Cinnamon, Sandalwood, Frankincense, Camphor, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Hyacinth, Patchouli, Angelica Root, Marjoram.
5. Get Energy healing.
6. Lie on the grass or somewhere comfortably, and look up at the sky and look at the clouds. See what shapes you see there. At night, sit or lie and watch the stars.
7. Visualize different things. Close your eyes and practice visualizing objects, people, food, scenes. With practice, your visuals will get clearer, and your third eye will open and heal.
8. Doing yoga poses like Child Pose (Balasana), Trataka (Steady Gazing), Eagle Pose (Garudasana).
9. Pranayama (yogic breathing technique), especially Bhramari, Anulom Vilom, and Udgeet.
10. Focus and meditate on a Third Eye chakra mandala, like this one below:
11. Breathe in Indigo or Dark Blue light into your Third eye chakra. This is how you do it: Close your eyes, and when you breathe in, imagine a bright and beautiful Indigo light entering your Third Eye chakra, and brightening and clearing it. Say your affirmations for this chakra along with this exercise.
12. I find visualization most effective for this purpose. Close your eyes, and imagine an Indigo disc where your Third Eye chakra is. Focus on it for a few seconds, and then start enlarging and brightening this disc so it covers even the backside of the chakra behind your head. Enlarge it to extend out of your body and around it to a diameter of about 2 feet. After that specifically, focus on the front part of the third eye chakra which is located in the middle of your eyebrows, and see an Indigo wheel or circle there. Increase it in size, and brightness. The more your focus on this front part of the third eye, the more it will activate. Say in your mind, “My Third Eye chakra is now balanced, opened, and healed”. However, this needs to be done for all the 7 chakras, so they are all balanced. Doing this once or twice a day for all your 7 chakras keeps your chakras balanced, opened, unblocked, and helps you be physically, emotionally, energetically, and spiritually healthy. It also improves your psychic senses.
PAST ARTICLES IN THE CHAKRA SERIES:
What are Chakras? I have written an overview of chakras as part 1 of this series: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/what-are-chakras
Root Chakra: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/all-about-the-root-chakra
Sacral Chakra: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/all-about-the-sacral-chakra
Solar Plexus Chakra: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/all-about-the-solar-plexus-chakra
Heart Chakra: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/all-about-the-heart-chakra
Throat Chakra: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/all-about-the-throat-chakra
If you liked this article, please share and comment 😀
If you do not received the email in the next 30 minutes, please check your spam folder and whitelist my email address.
Your information will not be shared with anyone.