Where is the Throat chakra located? The Throat chakra also called the Vishuddha chakra in Sanskrit, is located in front of the throat, at the base, where the hollow of the collarbone is, and at the back of the neck, where the third cervical vertebra is.
What is the color of the Throat chakra? Light Blue or Robin Blue.
What does the Throat chakra do?
1. It is connected to the Thyroid, Endocrine system, Lungs, Larynx, Trachea, Ears, Nose, Carotid arteries, teeth, mouth, and Throat.
2. Healthy expression of one’s thoughts & feelings.
3. Personal integrity, honor, honesty.
4. Good at communications — talking as well as listening.
5. Easier communication with Spirit (One’s Higher Self, Angels, Guides, Ascended Masters, etc).
6. Helps you be assertive.
7. Helps you be charismatic.
10. Helps with the sense of smell & taste.
11. Self-esteem and self-confidence.
12. Clairaudience (psychic hearing).
13. Helps you seek Divine knowledge & wisdom.
14. Success and failure in life depend a lot on this chakra.
15. Meditation on this chakra opens up your psychic senses.
16. Ability to keep secrets.
What problems might an imbalanced & blocked Throat chakra cause? Following issues could happen depending on an under-active or overactive throat chakra.
1. Sore throat.
2. Thyroid issues.
3. Neck & shoulder pain.
4. Anxiety attacks.
5. Feeling too shy.
6. Teeth issues.
8. Tension headaches.
9. Stuttering in speech.
10. Ear and Hearing issues.
11. Laryngitis and/or hoarse voice.
12. Lack of motivation.
14. Cold sores.
15. Lying, gossiping.
16. Might indulge in overeating & drinking to keep the focus off the problem in the throat chakra.
17. Low self-esteem.
18. Excessive anger, aggression, bitterness, hate.
19. Associated with the subconscious mind & dream state.
20. Doubt & negative thinking.
What body parts & systems are associated with the Throat chakra? Thyroid, Endocrine system, Lungs, Larynx, Trachea, Ears, Nose, Carotid arteries, teeth, mouth, and Throat.
How do you balance, unblock, heal & clear the Throat chakra? There are several things you can do to balance, unblock & heal this chakra.
1. Use crystals like Lapis Lazuli, Aquamarine, Blue Chalcedony, Blue Topaz, Blue Lace Agate, and other light blue stones.
2. Wear light Blue clothes, surrounding yourself with Blue colored decor.
3. Saying affirmations like: “I express myself honestly”, “I express myself clearly”, “I love communicating”, “My Higher Self communicates through me”, “I communicate joyfully and fearlessly”.
4. Aromatherapy with essential oils like Sage, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Chamomile, Camphor, Peppermint.
5. Get Reiki healing, Reiki healing attunement, or get attuned to Reiki.
6. Let go of any issues that are troubling you. If you cannot solve it, just let go. And actually, it is pretty easy to let go through journaling and EFT tapping with a practitioner.
7. Crying helps you clear this chakra too. Crying can be very healing and cleansing.
8. Sing…even if you think you cannot. 🙂 Chanting helps too.
9. Do something creative like writing, painting, etc. Express yourself creatively.
10. Drink water. Warm water is even better.
11. Get a neck and shoulder massage.
12. Doing yoga poses like Fish Pose (Matsyasana), Plow Pose (Halasana), Camel Pose (Ushtrasana), Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana).
13. Pranayama (yogic breathing technique).
14. Herbal teas.
15. Focus and meditate on a Throat chakra mandala, like this one below:
16. Breathe in light Blue light into your Throat chakra. This is how you do it: Close your eyes, and when you breathe in, imagine a bright and beautiful sky blue light entering your Throat chakra, and brightening and clearing it. Say your affirmations for this chakra along with this exercise.
17. I find visualization most effective for this purpose. Close your eyes, and imagine a Sky Blue disc where your Throat chakra is. You can imagine it to be of a diameter of about 5″. Focus on it for a few seconds, and then start enlarging and brightening this disc. Enlarge it to extend out of your body and around it to a diameter of about 2 feet. Say in your mind, “My Throat chakra is now balanced, opened, and healed”. However, this needs to be done for all the 7 chakras, so they are all balanced. Doing this once or twice a day for all your 7 chakras keeps your chakras balanced, opened, unblocked, and helps you be physically, emotionally, energetically, and spiritually healthy. It also improves your psychic senses.
PAST ARTICLES IN THE CHAKRA SERIES:
What are Chakras? I have written an overview of chakras as part 1 of this series: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/what-are-chakras
Root Chakra: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/all-about-the-root-chakra
Sacral Chakra: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/all-about-the-sacral-chakra
Solar Plexus Chakra: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/all-about-the-solar-plexus-chakra
Heart Chakra: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/all-about-the-heart-chakra
If you do not received the email in the next 30 minutes, please check your spam folder and whitelist my email address.
Your information will not be shared with anyone.