What are Chakras? I have written an overview of chakras as part 1 of this series: WHAT ARE CHAKRAS
Where is the Root chakra located? The Root chakra is the first main chakra that is within our physical body. It is at the base of the spine, and in the pelvic floor.
What is the color of the Root chakra? The color of the Root chakra is Ruby Red.
What does the Root chakra do? The Root chakra is called the “Muladhara” chakra in Sanskrit. Its functions are:
1. Basic needs of Survival: eating, sleeping, shelter, etc.
2. Feelings of safety & security.
3. Financial stability.
4. Pulls positive grounding energy up from the core of the earth by acting as our root.
6. Feeling centered and balanced.
7. Passion about life and activities.
8. Sense of smell.
What problems might an imbalanced & blocked Root chakra cause?
1. Feeling ungrounded.
2. Not feeling safe in life. Feeling worried and scared all the time.
3. Financial instability, having a hard time earning money or saving money. Even sometimes to the extent of facing poverty.
4. Feeling tired all the time.
5. Diarrhea or constipation.
6. Low self-esteem.
7. Poor sense of smell.
9. Lower back pain.
What body parts are associated with the Root chakra? Thighs, legs, bones, large intestine, anus, back.
How do you balance, unblock, heal & clear the Root chakra? There are several things you can do to balance, unblock & heal your root chakra.
1. Wear Red-colored clothes, especially in the lower half of your body if possible.
2. Affirmations like, “I am safe”, “I am confident”, “I am financially well off”, “Money flows easily into my life”, “I belong here on earth”, “I have a right to be here”, “I am connected to Mother Earth”, “I am balanced”, “I am stable” repeated with emotion help greatly over time.
3. Gemstones like Ruby, Garnet, Hematite help. Lie down on your stomach, and place the gemstone at the base of your spine, and rest for 10-20 minutes. The vibrations of the stone will balance your root chakra.
4. Exercising, running, walking barefoot outdoors in nature grounds you and heals your root chakra.
5. Chanting the mantra “Lam” or a deep-throated “Uhhhhh” opens and balances your root chakra.
6. The “Kapalbhati” pranayam helps open, heal, and balance the root chakra. Especially if you focus your attention on the root chakra while doing this pranayam. However, you cannot do Kapalbhati alone. You will need to follow it with “Anulom Vilom” pranayama (the alternate nose breathing).
7. Focus and meditate on a root chakra mandala, like this one below:
8. Breathe in red light into your root chakra. This is how you do it: Close your eyes, and when you breathe in, imagine a bright and beautiful Ruby Red light entering your root chakra, and brightening and clearing your root chakra.
9. I find visualization most effective for this purpose. Close your eyes, and imagine a red circle/disc where your root chakra is. You can imagine it to be of a diameter of about 5″. Focus on it for a few seconds, and then start enlarging and brightening this red circle. Enlarge it to extend out of your body and around it to a diameter of about 2 feet. Say in your mind, “My root chakra is now balanced, opened, and healed”. However, this needs to be done for all the 7 chakras, so they are all balanced. Doing this once or twice a day for all your 7 chakras keeps your chakras balanced, opened, unblocked, and helps you be physically, emotionally, energetically, and spiritually healthy. It also improves your psychic senses.
10. Tree posture in yoga is very beneficial.
11. Doing Kegel exercises help as well.
If you do not received the email in the next 30 minutes, please check your spam folder and whitelist my email address.
Your information will not be shared with anyone.