Where is the Solar Plexus chakra located? The Solar Plexus chakra is in the upper abdomen, in the stomach area.
What is the color of the Solar Plexus chakra? Yellow. I like to imagine a happy sun there.
What does the Solar Plexus chakra do? The Solar Plexus chakra is called the “Manipura” chakra in Sanskrit. It helps us with the following when balanced, clear, and open:
1. Confidence, self-esteem, charisma
3. Zeal, passion, joy, cheerfulness, courage, motivation, strength
4. Ability to deal with chaos in life
5. Ability to resolve conflicts
6. Feeling full of energy, vitality, power & life force
7. Associate with the sun, absorbs energy from the sun and sends it to the body
8. Healthy personal boundaries
9. Acceptance & love of self
10. Will power
11. Learning & comprehension
12. Intuition or “gut feeling”
13. Respect for others
14. Peacefulness & friendliness
15. Ability & courage to take risks
16. Leadership abilities
What problems might an imbalanced & blocked Solar Plexus chakra cause?
1. Low self-esteem
2. Low confidence
3. Fatigue, lack of energy
4. Social anxiety
5. Digestion problems
6. Envy because one may think not so well about oneself
7. Pancreatic problems
8. Diabetes, hypoglycemia
10. Very concerned about what others think of you
12. Confusion, Frustrations
13. Liver issues
14. Respiratory issues
16. Lethargy, inability to work hard
17. Isolation, excessive anger
18. Inability to deal with changes, challenges, or chaos
9. Procrastination, apathy
20. Letting addictions, habits, etc govern you, instead of you controlling them
21. Can be easily controlled by others
22. Anorexia, Bulimia
23. Very sensitive to rejection and criticism by others
24. Could be overweight
What body parts are associated with the Solar Plexus chakra? Stomach, gall bladder, intestines, pancreas, liver, autonomous nervous system
How do you balance, unblock, heal & clear the Solar Plexus chakra? There are several things you can do to balance, unblock & heal this chakra.
1. Spend time in the sun, and visualize/imagine the power of the sun being absorbed by this chakra.
2. Close your eyes and meditate upon the solar plexus, imagining a powerful Sun
3. Pick up an old hobby, or develop a new one
4. Exercise, sports
5. De-clutter, clean your room
6. Finish unfinished projects
7. Wear yellow clothes, use plenty of yellow in your home/office decor, yellow flowers (Sunflowers are an excellent choice)
8. Wear yellow gold jewelry
9. Dancing (the Twist), Hoola Hoop
10. Reiki Healing to balance chakras
11. Aromatherapy: Rosemary, Lavender, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Orange
12. Stones like Citrine, Yellow Topaz, Yellow Sapphire, Tigers Eye, Amber, Yellow Jasper, Yellow Tourmaline help heal, open, and balance this chakra. Place the stone directly on the chakra, wear jewelry made with them, or just carry them in your purse, pocket, etc.
13. Saying affirmations like: “I am powerful, “I am passionate”, “I respect myself”, “I value myself”, “I am intuitive”, “I am radiant like the sun”, ”I believe in myself”, “I feel motivated and energetic”, “My will and the Divine Will are one”, “I am confident” help heal your solar plexus chakra.
14. Doing the yoga poses like Warrior 1, and Warrior 2.
15. Focus and meditate on a Solar plexus chakra mandala, like this one below:
16. Breathe in Yellow light into your solar plexus chakra. This is how you do it: Close your eyes, and when you breathe in, imagine a bright and beautiful Yellow light entering your solar plexus chakra, and brightening and clearing it. Say your affirmations for this chakra along with this exercise.
17. I find visualization most effective for this purpose. Close your eyes, and imagine a Yellow disc where your Solar Plexus chakra is. You can imagine it to be of a diameter of about 5″. Focus on it for a few seconds, and then start enlarging and brightening this disc. Enlarge it to extend out of your body and around it to a diameter of about 2 feet. Say in your mind, “My Solar Plexus chakra is now balanced, opened, and healed”. However, this needs to be done for all the 7 chakras, so they are all balanced. Doing this once or twice a day for all your 7 chakras keeps your chakras balanced, opened, unblocked, and helps you be physically, emotionally, energetically, and spiritually healthy. It also improves your psychic senses.
Past articles in this series:
What are Chakras? I have written an overview of chakras as part 1 of this series: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/what-are-chakras
Root Chakra: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/all-about-the-root-chakra
Sacral Chakra: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/all-about-the-sacral-chakra
If you do not received the email in the next 30 minutes, please check your spam folder and whitelist my email address.
Your information will not be shared with anyone.