IMPORTANT: In the last blog post, we made a list of limiting beliefs. Have you seen it yet? If not, please see that blog first: https://www.thepurpleflower.com/blog/let-s-talk-about-our-relationship-with-money
So if you have not yet made your list, please do so now, and then I will show you how you can let go of these limiting beliefs about money. Once you let go of them completely, you will see things start to change in your life around money.
Let’s do the fun stuff now.
EFT means "Emotional Freedom Technique". We tap on the energy meridian points on our bodies – the same energy points that are used for acupressure and acupuncture. While tapping we focus on a negative feeling and/or belief. This clears the negative energy from our own energy system. And you will see/feel quick relief.
There is a video below that shows the whole process. I have done this session with a wonderful lady for her own limiting beliefs regarding money. We cleared her belief – “I cannot earn”. And you will see how easy it is to clear these beliefs. Make your list, and clear at least one belief each day with the process I am teaching you here.
1. Determine the belief you need to clear. In this video, Deborah’s belief was, “I cannot earn”.
2. Say it aloud, and then determine how true does it feel to you? On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being not feeling true at all, and 10 being VERY true, how true does your belief feel? For Deborah, it was 8.
3. Now I’ll ask you to do something that will sound strange. We all always say you should focus on the positive. But for EFT, I will ask you to actually focus all your attention on the negative feelings around your limiting belief. Say the belief, think of it. If you need to, close your eyes and think of it, and determine for yourself where in your body do you feel the negativity? Deborah felt a heaviness in her tailbone area. Oftentimes people feel a heaviness around their solar plexus or their heart, shoulder, back, head, etc. Where do you feel it? Now throughout the tapping, focus on this negative feeling as well as you can.
4. Begin now with the “set up statement”. The format of a set-up statement is as follows:
“Even though I have this (limiting belief, negative feeling), I deeply and completely love and accept myself”.
And we tap on the side of the hand – the karate chop area – while saying this statement 3 times.
Deborah said, “Even though I feel I cannot earn, I deeply and completely love and accept myself”.
5. Then tap 5-7 times with your fingertips on the “eyebrow point” – the inner tip of the eyebrows while repeating a short phrase that will keep you focused on the negative thought or belief.
Deborah said, “I cannot earn”.
Keep focusing on the negative belief and the discomfort it causes you in your body.
6. Tap on the outer side of the eye 5-7 times while repeating the reminder phrase. (don’t worry, it will get clear when you watch the video).
7. Tap under the eye 5-7 times, while repeating the phrase.
8. Do the same thing – tap on the rest of the points while repeating the phrase. All the points are shown in the video.
9. After one round of tapping, drink water, take a deep breath, and wait a few seconds.
10. Repeat your negative belief, and determine once again where it stands. How true is it for you on a scale of 1 to 10?
11. Repeat the tapping sequence till you bring it down to 1 or 0.
12. Test yourself. Try to make yourself feel upset or uncomfortable by speaking that belief and imagining it. When you cannot make the number go up beyond 1, do the positive round of tapping when you say the positive things about that topic.
Watch the video once, and then watch it again while tapping along with Deborah and me. Then do the same thing for your own limiting beliefs.
If you do not received the email in the next 30 minutes, please check your spam folder and whitelist my email address.
Your information will not be shared with anyone.